- A highy comprehensive combination of Precision Analytical’s DUTCH Cycle Mapping and DUTCH Plus tests.
- Includes the monthly patterns of Oestrogen and Progesterone metabolites, alongside a one day sample for a detailed overview of the metabolites of Oestrogens, Androgens, Progesterone, Cortisol, Melatonin, Adrenaline, Noradrenaline and 8-OHdG, as well as, Organic Acid makers for neurotransmitters and nutrient metabolism.
- The diurnal pattern of Free Cortisol and Cortisone are also provided, including the Cortisol Awakening Response. An optional nighttime Insomnia Cortisol measurement is also available.
WHAT IS CYCLE MAPPING™ PLUS?
The DUTCH Cycle Mapping™ PLUS not only maps oestrogen and progesterone through the monthly menstrual cycle but also adds the comprehensiveness of all the hormone metabolites along with the cortisol awakening response (CAR).
Hormonal balance is key. Fluctuating levels of oestradiol and progesterone play a major role in a woman’s overall health. This panel is designed for cycling women who struggle with ongoing symptoms such as monthly migraines, fertility issues, or PCOS. The addition of the cortisol awakening response (CAR), a transient, immediate rise in cortisol upon awakening (distinct from the diurnal rhythm), provides a fuller assessment of hormone fluctuations, baseline stress response, and reflects a patient’s ability to cope with anticipated challenges. CAR also shows a patient’s perception of control around chronic stress, providing insight into HPA resiliency.
WHEN IS CYCLE MAPPING™ PLUS RECOMMENDED?
- Women struggling with infertility
- Women with cycling hormones and no menses
- Partial hysterectomy (ovaries intact but no uterus)
- Mirena IUD (no actual menstrual bleeding due to IUD but still has hormonal symptoms)
- Women with irregular cycles
- If the luteal phase shifts from month-to-month
- Not sure when to test due to long or short cycles
- Women whose hormonal symptoms tend to fluctuate throughout the cycle
- PMS, mid-cycle spotting, migraines, etc.
WHEN IS CYCLE MAPPING™ PLUS NOT NEEDED? (DUTCH COMPLETE™ IS SUFFICIENT)
- Postmenopausal women
- Women on birth control
- Women with cycles that follow the expected pattern
MOST CONVENIENT METHOD FOR MONTH-LONG ANALYSIS
EASY SAMPLE COLLECTIONS MAKE FOR BETTER TESTING
DUTCH Cycle Mapping™ PLUS uses more sample collections for mapping (first-morning urine collections) and performs testing on targeted samples based on the actual length of the cycle. In addition, one full day of four (4) urine and five (5) saliva samples are collected, providing the comprehensive hormone metabolite and cortisol awakening response (CAR) results.
WHAT CAN INCLUDING THE DUTCH PLUS® AND CAR TELL YOU?
Even though a patient may have “normal” free cortisol levels throughout the day, that does not always mean everything is functioning properly. The graph below shows two good examples. A blunted or exaggerated CAR can appear even when single samples return “normal” results. The HPA axis might not be appropriately responding when faced with a stressor, even when cortisol levels are fluctuating nicely throughout the day.
DO DRIED SAMPLES COMPROMISE THE ANALYSIS?
Dried samples are accurate for hormone testing, and values correlate to liquid samples (see graph, below).
*The Insomnia Cortisol measurement is optional and included at an additional charge.
Please login to access videos and resources
|If you have been authorised a test by your practitioner, or would like more information on how to conduct your functional test click HERE||If you already have a RN Labs account, please log in below.
If you do not have an account and would like to sign up for one, you can do so online HERE