In this interview with Dr Kara Fitzgerald, Dr. Carrie Jones covers different types of testings and the major hormones concerned in hormonal health. Furthermore, this podcast gives a comprehensive overview of the DUTCH test and how it can be utilised to understand the various major hormonal pathways.
What you’ll learn in this podcast:
- The difference between a dried urine, saliva and serum hormone testing.
- Evaluating hormone metabolites.
- COMT and estrogen clearance.
- Understanding and favorably augmenting testosterone metabolism (men and women).
- Assessing thyroid status through looking at adrenal hormones and metabolized cortisol.
- Identifying and treating hormonal imbalance root causes.
- How exogenous steroids and opioids suppress the HPA axis.
- The difference between DHEA-S and DHEA.
- Is the “pregnenolone steal” a real thing?
- A new marker added to the DUTCH hormone test: 8OH2DG an oxidative stress marker.
- Why melatonin is tested using first morning specimen.
- The melatonin and cortisol relationship.