|A 76-year-old female had long term, ongoing issues with her immunity, gastrointestinal tract and integumentary system and was specifically seeking support for these systems.
She had a long medical history with multiple conditions and medications; the main ones included:
• 25 years of ongoing IBS and chronic food intolerances.
Pathology and Testing Results
• High cholesterol.
• The patient currently had a highly restrictive diet consisting of low gluten, low dairy, low histamines, low salicylates and predominantly organic sourced.
Medication / Supplements
• Nordic Naturals Arctic Cod Liver Oil
She had also tried many supplements in the past and had experienced reactions to them, including reactivity to collagen, probiotics, pea protein, bone broth, and various gut formulations.
The treatment plan consisted of multiple supplements and dietary modifications over an 8 week period and included the following:Weeks 1 – 3
• 1/4 teaspoon initially, to be increased every 4 days as tolerated up to 2 scoops with food
• Increase 1/2 teaspoon to 1 teaspoon daily
• Continue current diet
Weeks 4 – 8
• Continue at a higher dose of one and a half to two scoops daily
• Discontinued Liposomal C
• Meditation, walking and physiotherapy exercises
After 8 weeks of supplementation with GID, the patient experienced multiple improvements and reductions in her symptoms, including:Gastrointestinal Health
Regular bowel motions for the first time in over 20 years and continuous reduction in the laxatives as well.
The patient contacted the practitioner crying with happiness and explaining that she didn’t have pain upon bowel motions and passed with ease every day as she used to when she was younger. The patient mentioned that the GID had helped significantly and she also felt calmer, less irritated and more energetic.
The patient noticed an increased ability to tolerate foods that previously triggered pain, bloating and skin flare-ups in the past. (e.g. now able to eat tahini, brazil nuts, quinoa, spelt and legumes regularly)
She also had significant improvements in skin health with minimal rashes. The patient’s Dermatologist had also commented that her skin conditions were significantly improved.
Her weight had stabilised at 49 kgs.
Nil UTI’s past 8 weeks (in the past UTIs had occurred every 2-3 weeks)